Wednesday

DIY armstrong astronaut suit

                                                       

if you are reading this and have any questions
please ask...i am not done with this post
THANKS FOR READING


i spent about 2 weeks working on an astronaut costume for my son for a presentation on Neil Armstrong he has to dress up for at his school. i looked and looked locally for a costume but had no luck, i looked online 
for diy ideas but i couldn't find anything i really liked.so i decided to try to make one myself.... first step was to find pictures of Neil Armstrong online

tried my best to create this look with items i had at home but throughout the week i found myself searching for some items to make the costume look better…

here are some printable pages i made and used
RIGHT CLICK,SAVE,& PRINT IMAGE



  • MATERIALS

  • hot glue gun
  • lots of hot glue
  • fabric glue
  • mod podge
  • scissors
  • acrylic paint 
  • paint sealer
  • plain white long sleeve shirt
  • Metal Thumb Tacks
  • white fabric 
  • old back pack clips and straps
  • flex tubing (2)
  • Velcro
  • white duct tape
  • side release plastic buckles (4)
  • printer paper
  • soda bottle (used plastic for the helmet window)
  • two cereal boxes
  • cardboard
  • foam board
  • old taekwondo uniform
and though there is a few things i would do different if i had to do it again,he is happy with the costume

happy kid means happy mom !!!!

here is a  printable page i made and used
RIGHT CLICK,SAVE,& PRINT IMAGE







5 comments:

holly w said...

Thank you for posting this!!!! Reading my son's project flyer today and realizing that I have to make a costume to wear has tripped me out tonight. Thankfully it isn't due until the end of the month.
How did you make the helmet?

holly w said...

Thank you for the printables! My costume wasn't as nice as yours, but it came together!
http://wellbegunishalf-done.blogspot.com/

ivetastic said...

I am so sorry I didn't see this sooner! I am happy I was able to help! I made the helmet with an old bike helmet I got at a thrift store and added to it leaving a hole in the front then used a two liter bottle for the front as the glass! I also hot glued fabric (an old white under shirt) over it stretching as I glued for a smooth look!

Unknown said...

We used a mop bucket from the dollar store for the helmet. Just cut out for the face.

Unknown said...

Oh and spray paint it white if a different color.